Posted to user@poi.apache.org by zianne <zi...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/22 06:22:44 UTC

Need Help Regarding POI- BigGridDemo

Hi,

I am using BigGridDemo example for POI since I have to generate excel with a
million records. However, I am unable to set the column width in the
template.

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/poi/trunk/src/examples/src/org/apache/poi/xssf/usermodel/examples/BigGridDemo.java

I tried this:

    XSSFWorkbook wb = new XSSFWorkbook();
    XSSFSheet sheet = wb.createSheet("Big Grid");

//sheet.autoSizeColumn(0);
sheet.setColumnWidth(0, 13);
It somehow does not pick up the formatting from the template.xlsx

If possible, can you please give some suggestions.
Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Re: Need Help Regarding POI- BigGridDemo

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.
On Mon, 21 Oct 2013, zianne wrote:
> I am using BigGridDemo example for POI since I have to generate excel
> with a million records.

The idea of the BigGridDemo was turned into SXSSF, you should be using the
latter these days for low memory write-only of big .xlsx files

Nick