Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Siju George <sg...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/29 16:25:05 UTC

[users@httpd] error making apache2 "cannot open file `/home/gatekeeper/minfrin/rpms/httpd-2.0.50/include/ap_compat.h'"

Hi,
 I was trying to install apache2 on CentOS5 and got the following error.

 gawk -f /var/software/httpd-2.0.50/build/make_var_export.awk `cat
 export_files` > export_vars.h
 gawk: /var/software/httpd-2.0.50/build/make_var_export.awk:75: fatal:
 cannot open file
 `/home/gatekeeper/minfrin/rpms/httpd-2.0.50/include/ap_compat.h' for
 reading (No such file or directory)
 make[2]: *** [export_vars.h] Error 2
 make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/software/httpd-2.0.50/server'
 make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
 make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/software/httpd-2.0.50/server'
 make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
 [root@localhost httpd-2.0.50]#

 how do I fix this?

 thanks

 Siju

Re: [users@httpd] error making apache2 "cannot open file `/home/gatekeeper/minfrin/rpms/httpd-2.0.50/include/ap_compat.h'"

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 20:55:05 +0530
"Siju George" <sg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>  I was trying to install apache2 on CentOS5 and got the following
> error.
>
>  =====================================================
>  gawk -f /var/software/httpd-2.0.50/build/make_var_export.awk `cat
>  export_files` > export_vars.h

Why such an old version?

>  gawk: /var/software/httpd-2.0.50/build/make_var_export.awk:75: fatal:
>  cannot open file
>  `/home/gatekeeper/minfrin/rpms/httpd-2.0.50/include/ap_compat.h' for
>  reading (No such file or directory)

That path indicates that configure was run on one of the developers'
own machine.  Yours is no doubt different.  Whatever you have,
you're in the wrong time (2008) and place (anywhere other than
minfrin's workstation) to build it.

Where the **** did you get that from?

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 11:25 AM, Siju George <sg...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>   I was trying to install apache2 on CentOS5 and got the following error.

I don't know, but why are you building 2.0.50? If that is a CentOS
restriction, you should content CentOS to figure out what is going
wrong.

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] Help apache 101

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Sat, Mar 29, 2008 at 12:39 PM, Minh Cao <mi...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  I am new to the web server .... please help me with
>  this 2 questions.
>

>  1/  Setup the basic web server myhost.mydomain.com
>  2/ Setup the virtual host www.mydomain.com
>

>  My linux system hostname is:  myhost.mydomain.com
>  IP: 1.2.3.4
>  DNS:  www.mydomain.com  CNAME  myhost.mydomain.com
>

>  Please explain this:
>  If I use default DocumentRoot /var/www/html for
>  question #1, and use
>  VirtualHost with DocumentRoot /var/www/virtual for #2,
>  I no longer see the index.html file from
>  DocumentRoot of #1
>

>  Question #1 does not asked to use the Virtual host.
>  Can I just use the default DocumentRoot to config the
>  web server OR
>  have to use the Virtual host ?

I think you need to read this:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/vhosts/name-based.html#using
which tells you that you need a <VirtualHost> section for every host
once you start to use NameVirtualHost. The DocumentRoot in the "main
server" no longer has an effect.

Joshua.

[users@httpd] Help apache 101