Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Sivaswamynatha K <k....@Kavniya.com> on 2007/11/14 13:34:22 UTC

multi part request.

Hello,

In my struts 1.2.9 application, I have a requirement to attach a file.
So in my jsp page I use enctype="multipart/form-data". Its working fine
and file gets attached. It's a tabbed page and when I click another tab,
I want to keep track the tab index. (I have tab index as hidden field).
So when I use request.getParameter("tabIndex"), I got null value. How to
overcome this?

Regards,

K.Siva

Re: multi part request.

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.
Sivaswamynatha K wrote:
> In my struts 1.2.9 application, I have a requirement to attach a file.
> So in my jsp page I use enctype="multipart/form-data". Its working fine

I'm not clear how this...

> and file gets attached. It's a tabbed page and when I click another tab,
> I want to keep track the tab index. (I have tab index as hidden field).
> So when I use request.getParameter("tabIndex"), I got null value. How to
> overcome this?

...is related to this? Some things to check:

* Are you sure you included the tabIndex hidden field in the form? And
that its value is rendered correctly?

* What are you using to render the tabs? Does clicking on a tab actually
submit a form? Is it the same one that you have your hidden field in?

* Where are you calling request.getParameter() from? Are other
parameters you expect visible? (i.e. is it just this form field that's
missing?

Posting relevant excerpts of your code would probably help.

L.