Posted to user@struts.apache.org by st...@gmail.com on 2007/10/12 02:10:50 UTC

Value Stack and Interceptors

Are the interceptors pushed on the stack as the request is being processed?
In my web page, I do not seem to be getting the same love from the getAbc()
method of an interceptor that I do from an Action.

--
Scott
stanlick@gmail.com

Re: Value Stack and Interceptors

Posted by JBL <jl...@yahoo.com>.
Interceptors don't go on the value stack. They're similar to filters -- the
intercept() method is executed before the action is run, and they can (say)
initialize your action, but they're not used as value objects.

You might be thinking of the Model Driven interceptor. The Object returned
by (your action).getModel() is pushed onto the value stack, but that's not
quite the same thing, of course.