Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by "Peake, Chris" <Ch...@ca.com> on 2002/09/16 16:53:21 UTC

null pointer on WSDDService.validateDescriptors()

I sent this to the user group first, but I realize now this is more a dev question.
So hopefully it wont' be considered a cross-post.

I've just moved to RC1 from beta 2.

same driver code I have now gets a null pointer exception when calling the validateDescriptors() in the WSDDService object I have.

Appears the TypeMappingRegistry tmr object reference is null.

My object has 'no' typemappings that needed to be added.
I can get around this problem by 'explicitly' calling the public initTMR() method on WSDDService which will create a new tmr object.

Though there are no typemappings to process.

Is this a requirement or is this a bug?

Chris

Re: null pointer on WSDDService.validateDescriptors()

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Chris,

please post a stack trace...Better still open a bug in bugzilla
(http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla) with a stack trace.

Thanks,
dims

--- "Peake, Chris" <Ch...@ca.com> wrote:
> I sent this to the user group first, but I realize now this is more a dev question.
> So hopefully it wont' be considered a cross-post.
>
> I've just moved to RC1 from beta 2.
>
> same driver code I have now gets a null pointer exception when calling the validateDescriptors()
> in the WSDDService object I have.
>
> Appears the TypeMappingRegistry tmr object reference is null.
>
> My object has 'no' typemappings that needed to be added.
> I can get around this problem by 'explicitly' calling the public initTMR() method on WSDDService
> which will create a new tmr object.
>
> Though there are no typemappings to process.
>
> Is this a requirement or is this a bug?
>

> Chris

=====
Davanum Srinivas - http://xml.apache.org/~dims/