Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Sergey Fadeev <sf...@yarpivo.ru> on 2004/01/28 15:01:14 UTC

[Avalon#] Current status

Hi,

I've checkout the latest Avalon# sources from the cvs and see the following
situation:

AvalonFramework
===============
    Build : Success
    Tests : Success

AvalonContainer
===============
    Build : Success - with minor changes
    Tests : Failed - NPE in DependencyHandlingTestCase.ContainerTestCase

Castle
======
    Build : Failed - error in NAnt build script, looks like I'm using
            the wrong version on NAnt.

Hammet, please confirm that you have the same. Do you checked in all the real
latest files to cvs?

Concerning the Castle build script - I'm using NAnt 0.84, which have some
backward incompatibility. Which version must be used? The same question is for
versions of Log4net and NUnit.

Next small question about linefeeds. Sometimes used 0A, sometimes 0D and
sometimes 0D 0A together. What is correct?

--
Best regards,
Sergey Fadeev

[Avalon#] Current status

Posted by hammett <ha...@uol.com.br>.
Everything should be in the CVS by now. The Avalon# container is not
working - or even compiling - instead it should be viewed as a piece of
blank paper :-)

- The first goal is to have Logging initialized using the
Composition.Logging package

- The second goal is to use Data.Builder and Data assemblies to make Avalon#
read configurations like that (see comments in the xml):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<configuration>

  <!-- Sample configuration used by ContainerConfigurationTestCase -->
  <avalon.container>

 <container name="test-block">

  <!--
    Don't know if we will need this, cause we can't really export
   services due the Proxy limitations in the plataform.
   But this won't be a problem when CGLIB4Net begins :-)
  -->
  <services>
   <service type="org.apache.avalon.composition.model.testa.A">
    <source>primary</source>
   </service>
   <service type="org.apache.avalon.composition.model.testd.D">
    <source>my-component</source>
   </service>
  </services>

  <!--
    Here we need to know if all features must be supported, if this worth
    We need a repository? .Net have a Global assembly cache, do we need
another?
  -->
  <typeloader>
   <library>
    <include>ext</include>
    <group>avalon-framework</group>
   </library>
   <classpath>
    <fileset dir="lib">
     <include>test-c.jar</include>
    </fileset>
    <repository>
     <resource id="avalon-framework:avalon-framework-impl" version="4.1.5"/>
     <resource id="test:test-d"/>
    </repository>
   </classpath>
  </typeloader>

  <component name="my-component"
class="org.apache.avalon.composition.model.testd.TestD"/>

  <!--
    Containers and subcontainers will be great if they don't
    mess things around - like making more complex code.
    Avalon# is intent to be the simplest.

    Complex necessities should be solved be Castle
  -->
  <container name="primary">

   <typeloader>
    <classpath>
     <repository>
     <resource id="test:test-e"/>
     </repository>
    </classpath>
   </typeloader>

  </container>

 </container>

  </avalon.container>

</configuration>

Small steps, lets see what we can get from here :-)

regards,
hammett