Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Rodolfo Forte <rg...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/27 02:16:08 UTC

JMS examples are really not intuitive

Hi!

I was trying to run some JMS examples on Tomcat and I felt really lost with
the available (or lack thereof) material.

I found no simple, direct way to do it with Tomcat server (I'm using 9), so
I tried TomEE, but all the examples under
http://tomee.apache.org/examples-trunk/ do not work by themselves.

There must be important configuration steps that are missing. I've
downloaded the latest TomEE server, created the server within Eclipse and
ran the examples, which pop up error:
javax.ejb.EJBException: No EJBContainer provider available: no provider
names had been found.

Sorry if I'm missing something, but really there is no help whatsoever
easily available.

--
Sincerely yours,
Rodolfo Forte

Re: JMS examples are really not intuitive

Posted by Andy Gumbrecht <ag...@tomitribe.com>.
Just to get you started, all the examples are maven projects.

Open a console, cd into the directory of the example you want to run,
and run:

mvn clean install

Sometimes setting up eclipse is tricky.

Andy.

--
Andy Gumbrecht
https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe

Ubique

Re: JMS examples are really not intuitive

Posted by Thiago Veronezi <th...@veronezi.org>.
Hi Rodolfo,

Thanks for trying this out. The examples page seem to point to svn. The
latest svn commit was back in 2014. Can you try it again with
https://github.com/apache/tomee/tree/master/examples/simple-mdb ? We use
git now.

The examples should all work out of the box with "mvn clean install"

[]s,
Thiago.