Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Joey Reid <jr...@imagictv.com> on 2002/08/15 22:59:22 UTC

loadfile target doesn't like "<"

hi, everyone. i am new to this list, so be nice ;-)

i am trying to automate a deployment of my company's software with ant,
but currently i am running into a problem using the loadfile task. i am
running a particular task and recording the output, and then trying to
load that file as a property (using loadfile) so that i can test the
output. it doesn't seem to work - it may be worth noting that the text
contains angle brackets. Is that my problem? and if so, how can i get
around it.

the text is the output from a weblogic.deploy task, it looks like this:

[java] wl_management_internal1 <DEPLOYED>, source:
.\config\mydomain\.wlstaging components: wl_management_internal1
     [java] wl_management_internal2 <DEPLOYED>, source:
.\config\mydomain\.wlstaging components: wl_management_internal2
     [java] DefaultWebApp <DEPLOYED>, source:
.\config\mydomain\applications components: DefaultWebApp
     [java] certificate <DEPLOYED>, source:
.\config\mydomain\applications components: certificate
     [java] Platform <DEPLOYED>, source:
.\config\mydomain\.wlstaging\Platform.ear components:
DEPLOYABLE_PlatformPCSecurity,DEPLOYABLE_PlatformPCPreference,DEPLOYABLE_PlatformBCConsumerProfile,DEPLOYABLE_PlatformBCAccount,DEPLOYABLE_IdGeneratorEJB,DEPLOYABLE_PlatformBCClientDevice
     [java] console <DEPLOYED>, source: .\config\mydomain\.wlstaging
components: console
     [java] 6 deployments.

thanks

Re: loadfile target doesn't like "<"

Posted by Joyce Li <jl...@dwl.com>.
>From my understanding of the <record> task, I don't think it closes the recorded file, even if you do a "stop", until the Ant build process is ended.  So  when you try to access the file within
the ant process, it will think that this file is still in use.

Joyce

Posted by Joey Reid <jr...@imagictv.com>.