Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Rich <rg...@ellerbach.com> on 2004/12/13 21:54:23 UTC

rewrite of Subject: in 3.0.1

Is there a way in user_prefs to rewrite the Subject lines to add a suffix
like [really spam] if the score exceeds a particular value? The host
provides SA but doesn't provide procmail and so the easy way out isn't an
option. I had a look at the POD for Conf but didn't see anything that
indicated I could do this but I thought I'd better ask the pros.

Rich

Re: rewrite of Subject: in 3.0.1

Posted by Evan Platt <ev...@espphotography.com>.
At 12:54 PM 12/13/2004, you wrote:
>Is there a way in user_prefs to rewrite the Subject lines to add a suffix
>like [really spam] if the score exceeds a particular value? The host
>provides SA but doesn't provide procmail and so the easy way out isn't an
>option. I had a look at the POD for Conf but didn't see anything that
>indicated I could do this but I thought I'd better ask the pros.

Maybe someone else knows, but not that I'm aware of.

You could set something up in your mail client....

Evan

Re: rewrite of Subject: in 3.0.1

Posted by Loren Wilton <lw...@earthlink.net>.
> I wanted the term included rather than a score so I can setup a filter in
> the mail client to dump those messages that are above a ceretain score,

 Use STARS.  Ugly, but then you can filter on a long line of stars.

    Loren

Re: rewrite of Subject: in 3.0.1

Posted by Andy Jezierski <aj...@stepan.com>.
"Rich" <rg...@ellerbach.com> wrote on 12/13/2004 03:17:38 PM:

[snip]

> I wanted the term included rather than a score so I can setup a filter
in
> the mail client to dump those messages that are above a ceretain score,
> say 20, into the "dead-certain spam" bucket while those below 20 but
about
> the spam threshold (8 in my case) into the "probably spam" bucket. The
> mail client filters aren't smart enough to deal with a numeric value but
> perl is and I had hoped there was a little-known way of actually
invoking
> a small scriptlet inside of user_prefs.
>
> Rich

Can your mail client scan other headers?  You can scan X-Spam-Level for 20
*'s

Andy

Re: rewrite of Subject: in 3.0.1

Posted by Rich <rg...@ellerbach.com>.