Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Michael Shuler <mi...@pbandjelly.org> on 2017/02/21 18:03:52 UTC

[RELEASE] Apache Cassandra 3.0.11 released

The Cassandra team is pleased to announce the release of Apache
Cassandra version 3.0.11.

Apache Cassandra is a fully distributed database. It is the right choice
when you need scalability and high availability without compromising
performance.

 http://cassandra.apache.org/

Downloads of source and binary distributions are listed in our download
section:

 http://cassandra.apache.org/download/

This version is a bug fix release[1] on the 3.0 series. As always,
please pay attention to the release notes[2] and Let us know[3] if you
were to encounter any problem.

Enjoy!

[1]: (CHANGES.txt)
http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cassandra.git;a=blob_plain;f=CHANGES.txt;hb=refs/tags/cassandra-3.0.11
[2]: (NEWS.txt)
http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cassandra.git;a=blob_plain;f=NEWS.txt;hb=refs/tags/cassandra-3.0.11
[3]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA

Re: [RELEASE] Apache Cassandra 3.0.11 released

Posted by Julien Anguenot <ju...@anguenot.org>.
If this is the repository’s intended behavior then all good with me. I understand c).

Thank you for the reply Michael.

   J.

P.S: All our nodes are controlled by a Salt master so it was indeed rather easy to wget and reinstall as you described. Although easy, not very convenient.

--
Julien Anguenot (@anguenot)

Re: [RELEASE] Apache Cassandra 3.0.11 released

Posted by Michael Shuler <mi...@pbandjelly.org>.

Posted by Michael Shuler <mi...@pbandjelly.org>.

Posted by Murukesh Mohanan <mu...@gmail.com>.
This is speculation on my part, but this might be due to the software used
to set up the repository. reprepro is very simple to use (and so, somewhat
popular), but it only supports one version of a package at a time. Older
deb files are not removed, but they do get dropped from the Packages file.
This repo might be setup using reprepro.

On Fri, 24 Feb 2017 at 08:29 Julien Anguenot <ju...@anguenot.org> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> Any reasons why old versions get removed from the Debian repository when a
> new version gets promoted?
>
> For instance, here one would expect to still be able to:
>
>   $ apt-get install cassandra=3.0.10
>
> But after that release only the latest 3.0.11 is available:
>

> http://dl.bintray.com/apache/cassandra/dists/30x/main/binary-amd64/Packages
>
> Old versions are still available from there:
>
>    http://dl.bintray.com/apache/cassandra/pool/main/c/cassandra/ <
> http://dl.bintray.com/apache/cassandra/pool/main/c/cassandra/>
>
> But it requires to manually download and put them back to the apt cache.
>
> It is quite handy for point releases when a rollback is required, and
> possible, because of regressions.
>
> Thanks.
>
>    J.
>
> --
> Julien Anguenot (@anguenot)
>
> > On Feb 21, 2017, at 12:03 PM, Michael Shuler <mi...@pbandjelly.org>
> wrote:
> >
> > The Cassandra team is pleased to announce the release of Apache
> > Cassandra version 3.0.11.
> >
> > Apache Cassandra is a fully distributed database. It is the right choice
> > when you need scalability and high availability without compromising
> > performance.
> >
> > http://cassandra.apache.org/
> >
> > Downloads of source and binary distributions are listed in our download
> > section:
> >
> > http://cassandra.apache.org/download/
> >
> > This version is a bug fix release[1] on the 3.0 series. As always,
> > please pay attention to the release notes[2] and Let us know[3] if you
> > were to encounter any problem.
> >
> > Enjoy!
> >
> > [1]: (CHANGES.txt)
> >
> http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cassandra.git;a=blob_plain;f=CHANGES.txt;hb=refs/tags/cassandra-3.0.11
> > [2]: (NEWS.txt)
> >
> http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cassandra.git;a=blob_plain;f=NEWS.txt;hb=refs/tags/cassandra-3.0.11
> > [3]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA
> >

> --

Murukesh Mohanan,
Yahoo! Japan

Re: [RELEASE] Apache Cassandra 3.0.11 released

Posted by Julien Anguenot <ju...@anguenot.org>.
Hey,

   http://dl.bintray.com/apache/cassandra/pool/main/c/cassandra/ <http://dl.bintray.com/apache/cassandra/pool/main/c/cassandra/>

Posted by Julien Anguenot <ju...@anguenot.org>.