Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Matt Thoene <ma...@remedyx.com> on 2004/07/22 07:56:36 UTC

SURBL issue

Not sure if this is an amavisd-new or SA question but will try here
first...

E-mail that should be hitting on the URIBL_WS_SURBL checks are not.
Below is the header of one I just received a few minutes ago:

From: weston_waltersca@student.hro.nl
To: matt@thoene.net
Subject: $17168
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 12:47:35 +0800

I took the same email and ran it through a test on the mail server
directly and it hit fine...

 pts rule name              description
 0.6 NO_REAL_NAME           From: does not include a real name
 0.2 SUBJ_DOLLARS           Subject starts with dollar amount
 0.4 BAD_CREDIT             BODY: Eliminate Bad Credit
 1.7 RCVD_IN_DSBL           RBL: Received via a relay in list.dsbl.org
                            [<http://dsbl.org/listing?ip=218.234.88.108>]
 1.5 RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET RBL: Received via a relay in bl.spamcop.net
              [Blocked - see <http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?218.234.88.108>]
 1.3 URIBL_SBL              Contains a URL listed in the SBL blocklist
                            [URIs: lending-home.com]
 1.0 URIBL_AB_SURBL         Contains a URL listed in the AB SURBL blocklist
                            [URIs: lending-home.com]
 3.0 URIBL_WS_SURBL         Contains a URL listed in sa-blacklist
                            [URIs: lending-home.com]
 1.0 URIBL_OB_SURBL         Contains a URL listed in the OB SURBL blocklist
                            [URIs: lending-home.com]
 4.0 URIBL_SC_SURBL         URL listed in the sc.surbl.org blocklist
                            [URIs: lending-home.com]
 1.6 MSGID_DOLLARS          Message-Id has pattern used in spam

Why would it be working on a direct test but not during normal use?

 Matt

Re: SURBL issue

Posted by Bill Landry <bi...@pointshare.com>.
> Not sure if this is an amavisd-new or SA question but will try here
> first...
>
> E-mail that should be hitting on the URIBL_WS_SURBL checks are not.
> Below is the header of one I just received a few minutes ago:
>
> From: weston_waltersca@student.hro.nl
> To: matt@thoene.net
> Subject: $17168
> Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2004 12:47:35 +0800
>

> I took the same email and ran it through a test on the mail server
> directly and it hit fine...
>
> Content analysis details:   (16.4 points, 5.0 required)
>
>  pts rule name              description
> ---- ---------------------- ----------------------------------------------
----
>  0.6 NO_REAL_NAME           From: does not include a real name
>  0.2 SUBJ_DOLLARS           Subject starts with dollar amount
>  0.4 BAD_CREDIT             BODY: Eliminate Bad Credit
>  1.7 RCVD_IN_DSBL           RBL: Received via a relay in list.dsbl.org
>                             [<http://dsbl.org/listing?ip=218.234.88.108>]
>  1.5 RCVD_IN_BL_SPAMCOP_NET RBL: Received via a relay in bl.spamcop.net
>               [Blocked - see
<http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?218.234.88.108>]
>  1.3 URIBL_SBL              Contains a URL listed in the SBL blocklist
>                             [URIs: lending-home.com]
>  1.0 URIBL_AB_SURBL         Contains a URL listed in the AB SURBL
blocklist
>                             [URIs: lending-home.com]
>  3.0 URIBL_WS_SURBL         Contains a URL listed in sa-blacklist
>                             [URIs: lending-home.com]
>  1.0 URIBL_OB_SURBL         Contains a URL listed in the OB SURBL
blocklist
>                             [URIs: lending-home.com]
>  4.0 URIBL_SC_SURBL         URL listed in the sc.surbl.org blocklist
>                             [URIs: lending-home.com]
>  1.6 MSGID_DOLLARS          Message-Id has pattern used in spam
>
> Why would it be working on a direct test but not during normal use?

Doesn't look like any external SA tests were run.  Have you configured
amavisd-new to run external SA tests?  Check the SA settings in your
amavisd.conf file and make sure that the line below is set to false "0":

$sa_local_tests_only = 0;

Bill