Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by 李健 <jo...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/26 12:20:02 UTC

Ia32irmanager serialize

I see a function in class Jitrino::Ia32::IRManager called serialize and
deserialize, but their implementation were not given.

See here
Ia32IRManager.h
/** AOT support: serializes inst into stream */
    Byte * serialize(Byte * stream, Inst * inst);
    /** AOT support: deserializes inst from stream */
    Byte * deserialize(Byte * stream, Inst *& inst);

I wonder if the latest Harmony version includes their implementation or not?
Thanks a lot~

This is the first time I using a mailing list, so be kind if I made anything
wrong:)
--
李健

Re: Ia32irmanager serialize

Posted by bu qi cheng <bu...@gmail.com>.
Hi:

There is no IR serialize/deserialize implementation in current Harmony. If
you only mean IR dump for LIR, it's implemented in ia32Printer.cpp.
BTW, why you want to use serialize/deserialize for LIR? Do you find that the
overhead of re-compilation is too bigger?

--Buqi