Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Paul Hammant <pa...@hammant.org> on 2017/02/19 16:19:40 UTC

Expanding/contracting monorepos

I wrote this about Git's sparse checkout features:

http://paulhammant.com/2017/02/08/further-experiments-with-expanding-contracting-monorepos/

I'd love it if someone ported the exact same solution to Subversion. It
should be quite easy. This is a massively underused feature of Subversion.
It is also something that Google have used (with their in-house VCS) for
ten years to make an unparalleled developer experience, (that is tuned for
highest throughput).

If anyone takes this on, then I'll link to it from my blog. Not that I'm
anyone famous..

Thanks,

- Paul

PS - I'm one of the people behind https://trunkbaseddevelopment.com