Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by fudster <my...@johnelm.com> on 2006/10/25 19:18:09 UTC

nightly download page

Hi, I've been trying to download a snapshot of the sandbox components, from
http://people.apache.org/builds/myfaces/nightly/

The download page has been down for days, and there is no notice on the
myfaces download page as to why.

I don't need a up-to-date today copy, just something recent.  In particular
I want to use the sandbox's <s:selectItems> component.  Can someone direct
me to an alternate download location?  Or, can someone post a recent copy
for me somewhere?

Thanks in advance.  I checked the Nabble archives for information on this,
and I checked the #faces IRC channel, but I can't see any posts addressing
this.

Re: nightly download page

Posted by Simon Kitching <si...@rhe.co.nz>.
Wendy Smoak wrote:
> On 10/25/06, fudster <my...@johnelm.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi, I've been trying to download a snapshot of the sandbox
>> components, from
>> http://people.apache.org/builds/myfaces/nightly/
>>
>> The download page has been down for days, and there is no notice on the
>> myfaces download page as to why.
>
> The server that hosts the nightly builds was part of some
> infrastructure work that started last Saturday.  It's unfortunately
> taking longer than expected, but will be back as soon as possible.

Yep, there's a big move of Apache infrastructure from one data-centre to
another on at the moment. The SVN servers, however, are not affected so
you can always download the source and build it yourself; it's
*very*simple to do so.

Re: nightly download page

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

--
Wendy

Re: nightly download page

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 10/25/06, fudster <my...@johnelm.com> wrote:

> So, I'll switch over to some other work for a bit.  If you become aware that
> the page will be delayed much longer, could you kindly let me know via
> reply?  Or, better yet - have a notice posted on the myfaces download page?

Just keep checking -- the same server that hosts the downloads is the
one we use to push website changes, so right now it is not possible to
update the website.

--
Wendy

Re: nightly download page

Posted by fudster <my...@johnelm.com>.
Thanks Wendy and Simon...

Happy to hear that, it'll definitely be better for me to wait till those
servers are available again rather than building the jar from source - it
sounds like we can expect it to be back "any time now"...

So, I'll switch over to some other work for a bit.  If you become aware that
the page will be delayed much longer, could you kindly let me know via
reply?  Or, better yet - have a notice posted on the myfaces download page?

Meawhile I'll check the link every couple hours.  Thanks again.

Re: nightly download page

Posted by Simon Lessard <si...@gmail.com>.
Hello,