Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Andrew Dunstan <an...@writeme.com> on 2000/06/05 20:57:06 UTC

DSO mod_perl and preloading

All these tips and benchmarks on optimising mod_perl by preloading used
modules/DBD-drivers etc. are great. However, I have seen warnings about
preloading modules if mod_perl is loaded as a DSO. (e.g for
HTML::Embperl). Does this still apply? My setup is
redhat6.2/perl-5.6/mod_perl-1.23.

TIA

Andrew

RE: DSO mod_perl and preloading

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> All these tips and benchmarks on optimising mod_perl by preloading used
> modules/DBD-drivers etc. are great. However, I have seen warnings about
> preloading modules if mod_perl is loaded as a DSO. (e.g for
> HTML::Embperl). Does this still apply? My setup is
> redhat6.2/perl-5.6/mod_perl-1.23.

This was true before mod_perl 1.22. So there should be no problem with your
setup

Gerald

E-Mail:     richter@ecos.de         Voice:    +49 6133 925151