Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Michael P <sv...@krimedawg.org> on 2002/12/30 20:12:36 UTC

MKCOL of [...] returned status code 405 (Method Not Allowed)

I have been using Subversion for a project at work for about a week.
Today, when I tried to commit some changes this happened:

$ svn commit -m "A bunch of changes"
Adding         lib
Adding  (bin)  lib/jFdfTk-5.jar
Adding  (bin)  lib/struts-1.1-b2.jar
Adding         sql
svn: RA layer request failed
svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: MKCOL of /svn/repos/!svn/wrk/29d33d95-09b3-0310-bf6a-bc98a26aaa6d/fillouts/trunk/sql returned status code 405 (Method Not Allowed)

This is a remote commit to an Apache server.  I assume MKCOL is one of the
DAV methods?

I can't find any reason in my apache config why MKCOL would be forbidden.
There's nothing in the error log, and just a standard entry in the access
log (showing a status code of 405).  Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks...

Re: MKCOL of [...] returned status code 405 (Method Not Allowed)

Posted by Michael Plump <pl...@krimedawg.org>.
On Mon, 30 Dec 2002, Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:

> Have you ever created a new directory before in this manner (i.e. in a
> commit to a remote apache server)?

Absolutely.

> Maybe your proxy is blocking the MKCOL method?

Nope.  I'm not behind a proxy, and the request does show up in the access
log...

> Do you have a reproduction recipe?

Not yet...  I'm really new to subversion, but I'll try to see if I can
create one later (work marches on, with or without version control :/ )

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
Michael P <sv...@krimedawg.org> writes:

> I have been using Subversion for a project at work for about a week.
> Today, when I tried to commit some changes this happened:
>
> $ svn commit -m "A bunch of changes"
> Adding         lib
> Adding  (bin)  lib/jFdfTk-5.jar
> Adding  (bin)  lib/struts-1.1-b2.jar
> Adding         sql
> svn: RA layer request failed
> svn: Commit failed (details follow):
> svn: MKCOL of /svn/repos/!svn/wrk/29d33d95-09b3-0310-bf6a-bc98a26aaa6d/fillouts/trunk/sql returned status code 405 (Method Not Allowed)
>
> This is a remote commit to an Apache server.  I assume MKCOL is one of the
> DAV methods?

Have you ever created a new directory before in this manner (i.e. in a
commit to a remote apache server)?  Maybe your proxy is blocking the
MKCOL method?

Posted by Michael P <sv...@krimedawg.org>.
On Mon, 30 Dec 2002, Michael P wrote:

> I have been using Subversion for a project at work for about a week.
> Today, when I tried to commit some changes this happened:

I forgot to mention that I'm using Subversion 0.16.0...