Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Damien Vincent <dv...@calendra.com> on 2001/05/23 11:46:52 UTC

SOAP Exception on deploying a Service with the command line.

I want to deploy a new service implemented with my own provider.
On service deployment command line submition, the internal mechanism
(certainely a service itself) returns me an error concerning a FaultCode
element missing in the Fault element.

the problem is that I do not have the hand on the SOAP structure of the
message sent  to the service of deployment of Service....

This is the result of the command line submition:
	[SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=A
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault' element must contain
a: 'faultcode' element.;
targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: A
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault' element must contain
a: 'faultcode' element.]
	at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:244)
	at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.invokeMethod(ServiceManagerC
lient.java:127)
	at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.deploy(ServiceManagerClient.
java:140)
	at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(ServiceManagerClient.ja
va:228)
	Exception in thread "main"

Here is my command line :
	java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter deploy mydeploy.xml
& my deployment descriptor:
	<isd:service
xmlns:isd="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap/deployment"
            	 id="urn:myservice_from_deploy">
	             <isd:provider type="MyProvider" scope="Request"
methods="getState setState">
	             <isd:option key="cle1" value="valeur"/>
	             <isd:java class="MyProvider"/>
	             </isd:provider>

<isd:faultListener>org.apache.soap.server.DOMFaultListener</isd:faultLis
tener>
	</isd:service>

Thank you for your help.
Best regards.
Damien

Re: SOAP Exception on deploying a Service with the command line.

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@watson.ibm.com>.
Are you using Xerces 1.3.1? That version is buggy - don't use it ..

Sanjiva.