Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Qun Wang <Qu...@morningstar.com> on 2012/07/30 05:00:03 UTC

How config multicore using solr cloud feature

Hi,
         I'm a new user and our program need use multicore to manage index. I found that Solr 4.0 ALPHA has Solr cloud feature which I could use for load balance in query and sync for update. But the wiki for Solr cloud just tell me how to use single core for sync. For my requirement should use it for multicore synchronized in update. Could someone tell me how to configure it?

Thanks.

Re: How config multicore using solr cloud feature

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
Configure all your cores as you would in a single node setup. Then use
-Dbootstrap_config=true rather than the bootstrap option where you point at
one directory and give a config set name. That will bootstrap all of your
cores with the config they have locally, naming the config sets created
after the collection name.

The other option is to use the new collections API to create further
collections - but I have not gotten around to documenting it on the wiki
yet - I will shortly.

I'm not positive if the collections API is in 4alpha without looking, but I
think it may be.

If not, the bootstrap method is pretty simple as well.

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com