Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Tom Syroid <to...@syroidmanor.com> on 2002/02/22 21:56:31 UTC

Problem Resolution & Query

Greetings,

A few days ago I posted a question about compiling 2.0.32 on AIX 5L -- in
short, it kept falling down on the make process.

The resolution (with thanks to Jeff Trawick):

---snip---
cd httpd-2.0.32
CC=gcc build/binbuild.sh

This will build a binary distribution of Apache called,
httpd-2.0.32-powerpc-ibm-aix5.1.0.0.tar.gz in parent directory
(in my case, /usr/local/src)
there's also a README file in the same place.

Uncompress the above file and follow the instructions in
/usr/local/src/httpd-2.0.32/README.bininst file to install.
---ends---

Now my query:

When I execute /usr/local/apache2/bin/apachectl start, I get an error that
the server cannot load ../modules/mod_access.so.

The module is where it should be,
The permissions are correct,
I've checked everything I can think of,
I'm stumped.

I've run into the same error once before, and if I recall correctly, it had
nothing to do with modules. But I can't for the life of me remember what I
did to fix the problem. Any help is appreciated. I'm new to the list, so I
don't know if I can attach my httpd.conf, but I'll try.

Best,
/tom

Re: Problem Resolution & Query

Posted by Tom Syroid <to...@syroidmanor.com>.