Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Owen Thomas <ot...@wcg.net.au> on 2007/03/06 00:28:01 UTC

Error deploying app.

Hello.

I'm fiddling around with how to deploy an application to a ServiceMix
container. I am doing this on Linux FC6. When I deploy the wsdl-first
example, I would like to know why I am get the following error, and
what, if anything, does it mean.

Exception in thread "Timer-4" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/servicemix/common/ManagementSupport

        at
org.apache.servicemix.common.AbstractDeployer.failure(AbstractDeployer.j
ava:43)

        at
org.apache.servicemix.common.xbean.AbstractXBeanDeployer.deploy(Abstract
XBeanDeployer.java:107)

        at
org.apache.servicemix.common.BaseServiceUnitManager.doDeploy(BaseService
UnitManager.java:88)

        at
org.apache.servicemix.common.BaseServiceUnitManager.deploy(BaseServiceUn
itManager.java:69)

        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.DeploymentService.deployServiceAssem
bly(DeploymentService.java:527)

        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.AutoDeploymentService.updateArchive(
AutoDeploymentService.java:334)

        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.AutoDeploymentService.monitorDirecto
ry(AutoDeploymentService.java:645)

        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.AutoDeploymentService.access$200(Aut
oDeploymentService.java:62)

        at
org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.AutoDeploymentService$1.run(AutoDepl
oymentService.java:608)

        at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)

        at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)

I deployed the example before, and was wondering how one undeployed it.
I assumed that all that was necessary was to delete the
wsdl-first-sa-3.1-incubating.zip from the deploy directory, and the
container would do the rest. I removed this file, then redeployed it.
Have I stuffed anything up by making this assumption? I was not aware
that I received this error on the first deploy.

Thank you for your considered reply,

  Owen.