Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Tze-John Tang <tz...@abbott.com> on 2007/11/30 15:42:26 UTC

XML parsing based on locale

I have tried to search for this, but have not had any luck.  Can anyone
tell me how I might be able to set it up so that when I validate or parse
an XML document that I can do it based on a specific locale?  This code is
running on a box in the US locale, but I might get data from the german
locale, where the decimal delimiter is different.  How can I set the
locale for the Validator or the SAX parser?

I am using the JAXP api for validating the XML.

Thanks for any assistance.

-tj

Re: XML parsing based on locale

Posted by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi,

If you're referring to what you can do with XML Schema the definitions of
the built-in simple types [1] are fixed. The decimal delimiter for an
xs:decimal must always be a '.'.

Thanks.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#built-in-datatypes

Michael Glavassevich