Posted to dev@usergrid.apache.org by Martin Harris <ma...@cloudsoftcorp.com> on 2014/04/25 20:50:09 UTC

Datagrid installation & deployment

Hi Folks,

I'm getting started with Datagrid - I've written a Brooklyn blueprint that
does automated deployments of Usergrid [1]. However, I have a few questions:

   1. Is there a download URL for the ROOT.war, or should it always be
   built from source? If not, should we upload the pre-built ROOT.war to
   somewhere like
   http://developer.cloudsoftcorp.com/brooklyn/repository/UserGrid/0.0.36.r5/ROOT.war
   ?
   2. Which version should we use? The pom.xml on the main branch is at
   0.0.29-SNAPSHOT, however on
https://github.com/usergrid/usergrid/releases the
   latest release is 0.0.36.r5 (and I can't see any branches corresponding to
   stable releases)
   3. I've followed the instructions on
   https://usergrid.incubator.apache.org/docs/deploy-local/ and have
   successfully deployed locally. Is there a page for differences in a
   production deployment?
   4. In a production environment, do you recommend a cassandra cluster
   rather than a single node, supplying multiple cassandra.url properties for
   resilience? If so, what should the usergrid.deployment.properties look like?

Thanks in advance for your help

Martin

[1] https://github.com/cloudsoft/brooklyn-usergrid/pull/2

Re: Datagrid installation & deployment

Posted by Ed Anuff <ed...@anuff.com>.
Latest builds should be on maven central.  I can't find the direct link to
the latest war on maven central but it should be there.  The artifact name
is "usergrid-rest".  For the current version, the direct link is:
http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=org/usergrid/usergrid-rest/0.0.27.1/usergrid-rest-0.0.27.1.war