Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by Harald Oehlmann <ha...@elmicron.de> on 2012/03/21 08:53:05 UTC

IncrTCL: info exists broken

Dear community,

within my patches to the form package, I faced issues that "info exists"
does always return 0.
Arnulf Wiedemann informed me, that this is due to a bug partly caused by
Incr Tcl-ng:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2981564&group_id=13244&atid=113244

A workaround is to use "::info exists" instead "info exists" which is
IMHO not doable for me.
The bug also breaks normal tcl code, when "info exists" is called within
namespaces. In consequence, no packages are usable any more after a
"package require Itcl".

I will dig for another solution...

Sorry,
Harald

Re: IncrTCL: info exists broken

Posted by Rob Sciuk <ro...@controlq.com>.
proc info { arg argv } {
   return ::info $arg $argv
}
??

Posted by Massimo Manghi <mx...@apache.org>.
Hi Harald

I followed the same discussion on tclcore and I understand the problem
is related with Tcl8.6 and Itcl4.0. Apart this specific scope problem I
had a nasty segfault the last time I tried to run Rivet with 8.6. Did
you have similar problems?

  -- Massimo