Posted to general@gump.apache.org by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com> on 2003/12/06 03:45:04 UTC

Another pair of eyes might see this more easily...

... why is this failing with a crimson error, when xerces was requested & on
bootclasspath?

http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/ws-axis/ws-axis-test.html
http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/ws-axis/work/build_ws-axis_ws-axis-test.html
http://lsd.student.utwente.nl/gump/ws-axis/work/TEST-test.utils.PackageTests.xml.html

  <error message="Fatal Error: URI=null Line=1: Relative URI
&quot;file:build.xml&quot;; can not be resolved without a base URI."
type="org.xml.sax.SAXException">org.xml.sax.SAXException: Fatal Error:
URI=null Line=1: Relative URI &quot;file:build.xml&quot;; can not be
resolved without a base URI.
	at
org.apache.axis.utils.XMLUtils$ParserErrorHandler.fatalError(XMLUtils.java:6
66)
	at org.apache.crimson.parser.Parser2.fatal(Parser2.java:3342)

Dims thinks he is requesting xerces, not crimson, so hopefully it isn't
something in the ant script/code & is something environmental.

Help/insights appreciated...

regards

Adam
--
Experience the Unwired Enterprise:
http://www.sybase.com/unwiredenterprise

Re: Another pair of eyes might see this more easily...

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 8 Dec 2003, Adam R. B. Jack <aj...@trysybase.com> wrote:

> Stefan, mind if I enter this as a bug (can't think what else to call
> it right now)

enhancement request ;-)

> against Ant,

go ahead.  Feel free to assign it to me right from the start (and
don't forget to CC dev@ant).

> and if we try to work it there -- since it appears that there is
> nothing that Gump can do about any of this.

I'm not too sure whether Ant has access to the bootclasspath of the VM
(in particular an untainted one) either.

Changes would go into CVS HEAD and not into Ant 1.6 - which shouldn't
be a problem for Gump.

Stefan

Re: Another pair of eyes might see this more easily...

Posted by "Adam R. B. Jack" <aj...@trysybase.com>.
> > ... why is this failing with a crimson error, when xerces was
> > requested & on bootclasspath?
>
> Most probably - but I haven't verified yet, so take this as
> speculation - because the test is forked.  The forked VM doesn't
> inherit Ant's bootclasspath.

Yes, I wasn't going to go directly there, but this was my fear. Hmm, if so,
that issue is hitting us here and with awt.headless.

Stefan, mind if I enter this as a bug (can't think what else to call it
right now) against Ant, and if we try to work it there -- since it appears

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.