Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "B. Todd Burruss" <bt...@gmail.com> on 2012/10/22 18:43:42 UTC

tombstones and their data

if a node, X, has a tombstone marking deleted data, when can node X
remove the data - not the tombstone, but the data?  i understand the
tombstone cannot be removed until GCGraceSeconds has passed, but it
seems the data could be compacted away at any time.

Re: tombstones and their data

Posted by "B. Todd Burruss" <bt...@gmail.com>.
excellent, thx

Posted by Sylvain Lebresne <sy...@datastax.com>.