Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Thierry Kormann <Th...@sophia.inria.fr> on 2001/02/02 14:26:59 UTC

Re: [Fwd: PrimitivePaint and InterruptedExceptions...]

Hi,

>    I was just looking at PrimitivePaint in CompositeGraphicsNode, it
> catches InterruptedExceptions and does nothing.
>
>    I don't really have a problem with that, but shouldn't it at least
> break out of the loop drawing it's children?
>
>    I suppose ideally it would set a flag so we could rethrow the
> exception when we get back to the paint method....

Vincent and I will work on the thread issue (in GVT and in the bridge) at the
beginning of next week. We will try to provide a solution that should ease the
new design of the JSVGCanvas Stephane and I are working on.

The idea is to be sure that we could interrupt the parsing, GVT Builder and GVT
rendering at any time. We will probably send an email to the list explaining
what is your design proposal. We would like to start implementing threads at the
end of next week (I personnaly have many works to do on the bridge before
changing the thread).

Thomas, with the new way I will put in place in the bridge to create filters and
filter primitives, could I remove the GraphicsNodeRableFactory ?

The idea was to add on each bridge, a protected factory method that instantiates
the appropriate Op or Rable stuffs. Easy to override on the fly this way.

Thierry.

--
Thierry Kormann
email: Thierry.Kormann@sophia.inria.fr  http://www.inria.fr/koala/tkormann/

Re: [Fwd: PrimitivePaint and InterruptedExceptions...]

Posted by Thomas E Deweese <th...@kodak.com>.

>> I was just looking at PrimitivePaint in CompositeGraphicsNode, it
>> catches InterruptedExceptions and does nothing.

TK> Vincent and I will work on the thread issue (in GVT and in the
TK> bridge) at the beginning of next week. We will try to provide a
TK> solution that should ease the new design of the JSVGCanvas
TK> Stephane and I are working on.

    Fair enough...

TK> The idea is to be sure that we could interrupt the parsing, GVT
TK> Builder and GVT rendering at any time. We will probably send an
TK> email to the list explaining what is your design proposal. We
TK> would like to start implementing threads at the end of next week

    Please do send a message, this way you can say "I told you so"
when I screw it up :)

TK> Thomas, with the new way I will put in place in the bridge to
TK> create filters and filter primitives, could I remove the
TK> GraphicsNodeRableFactory ?

TK> The idea was to add on each bridge, a protected factory method
TK> that instantiates the appropriate Op or Rable stuffs. Easy to
TK> override on the fly this way.

    Yes, this was the agreed upon course of action (actually there
were two or three competing ones, all of which were fine, although
this was my preference).