Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Jon Brisbin <br...@ipa.net> on 2000/08/12 23:41:26 UTC

traceback??

I'd like to implement some sort of "traceback" mechanism for my embeded perl
pages that works similar to the java and python tracebacks...i can just
append a line to an array whenever i want, but i'd like it to be more
automatic...my nested Executes are giving me fits...not sure which ones
errors and i don't want to just keep passing in error arrays all the time...

does embperl (or the embperl community) have something similar
already??...before i go off and spend some writing this :-)

thanks!

jb

Re: traceback??

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
> I'd like to implement some sort of "traceback" mechanism for my embeded
perl
> pages that works similar to the java and python tracebacks...i can just
> append a line to an array whenever i want, but i'd like it to be more
> automatic...my nested Executes are giving me fits...not sure which ones
> errors and i don't want to just keep passing in error arrays all the
time...

> does embperl (or the embperl community) have something similar
> already??...before i go off and spend some writing this :-)

Embperl has this information in it's request record (more exactly in a
linked list of request records), but at the moment there is no way to print
it out. It shouldn't be to hard to do this, just a few lines of XS glue.

Anyway it's a good idea and I add it to the TODO list.

Gerald

E-Mail:     richter@ecos.de         Voice:    +49 6133 925151