Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2011/08/07 19:39:10 UTC

US and UK maven central not in sync?

We have a build which has dependencies such as
org.eclipse.core:org.eclipse.core.variables:3.1.100

These have been, and still are found on the main repo1 site in the USA here:
http://repo1.maven.org/eclipse/org/eclipse/core/org.eclipse.core.variables/3.1.100/

A person in Europe tried building, reports failures to find these artifacts.
Some tracing eventually led to the fact that when he puts that same URL in to
his browser in Europe, it actually goes to the uk.maven.org site, and that
website shows 404 - not found.

In fact, it appears the uk site no longer has the entire "eclipse" tree.

Is this expected, or is something broken?

-Marshall

Re: US and UK maven central not in sync?

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Thanks.  I've filed https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/MVNCENTRAL-93

-Marshall

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
Is there a support page letting users know what's mirrored, what the
status is, etc.?

Something like the Apache infra monitoring page
(http://monitoring.apache.org/status/) would be helpful IMO.

-j

On 8/8/11 10:08 AM, Brian Fox wrote:
> Only the maven2 folder is replicated worldwide. For now you could use
> us.maven.org instead or repo1.maven.org to be sure you get consistent
> results for m1 or eclipse. I'll see about getting the rest replicated
> to the uk boxes.
>
> On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 7:27 PM, Brett Porter<br...@apache.org>  wrote:
>> Brian may know, but in general we can no longer with help with it. You might get a faster response here: https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/MVNCENTRAL
>>
>> - Brett
>>
>> On 08/08/2011, at 3:39 AM, Marshall Schor wrote:
>>
>>> We have a build which has dependencies such as
>>> org.eclipse.core:org.eclipse.core.variables:3.1.100
>>>
>>> These have been, and still are found on the main repo1 site in the USA here:
>>> http://repo1.maven.org/eclipse/org/eclipse/core/org.eclipse.core.variables/3.1.100/
>>>
>>> A person in Europe tried building, reports failures to find these artifacts.
>>> Some tracing eventually led to the fact that when he puts that same URL in to
>>> his browser in Europe, it actually goes to the uk.maven.org site, and that
>>> website shows 404 - not found.
>>>
>>> In fact, it appears the uk site no longer has the entire "eclipse" tree.
>>>
>>> Is this expected, or is something broken?
>>>
>>> -Marshall

>> --
>> Brett Porter
>> brett@apache.org
>> http://brettporter.wordpress.com/
>> http://au.linkedin.com/in/brettporter

John Casey
Developer, PMC Chair - Apache Maven (http://maven.apache.org)
Blog: http://www.johnofalltrades.name/

Re: US and UK maven central not in sync?

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.
Yes I meant instead of. However to close the loop on this thread, the
Eclipse and M1 folders are synced over to the uk mirrors now (actually
as of a few days ago) so you
should be fine using repo1.maven.org again.

Posted by Stuart McCulloch <mc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

On 8/8/2011 10:08 AM, Brian Fox wrote:
> Only the maven2 folder is replicated worldwide. For now you could use
> us.maven.org instead or repo1.maven.org

hmmm, our user was using repo1.maven.org (but from Europe) and that was somehow
redirected to uk.maven.org
>  to be sure you get consistent
> results for m1 or eclipse. I'll see about getting the rest replicated
> to the uk boxes.

Thanks.  -Marshall

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <ec...@tk.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
Aye. The link below no longer gives a 404.

-- Richard

Am 08.08.2011 um 21:05 schrieb Marshall Schor:

> They sent over to the uk mirror the eclipse subtree.  So the dependencies should
> now be working.
>
> -Marshall

>> We have a build which has dependencies such as
>> org.eclipse.core:org.eclipse.core.variables:3.1.100
>>
>> These have been, and still are found on the main repo1 site in the USA here:
>> http://repo1.maven.org/eclipse/org/eclipse/core/org.eclipse.core.variables/3.1.100/
>>
>> A person in Europe tried building, reports failures to find these artifacts.
>> Some tracing eventually led to the fact that when he puts that same URL in to
>> his browser in Europe, it actually goes to the uk.maven.org site, and that
>> website shows 404 - not found.
>>
>> In fact, it appears the uk site no longer has the entire "eclipse" tree.
>>
>> Is this expected, or is something broken?
>>
>> -Marshall

Richard Eckart de Castilho
Technical Lead
Ubiquitous Knowledge Processing Lab
FB 20 Computer Science Department
Technische Universität Darmstadt
Hochschulstr. 10, D-64289 Darmstadt, Germany
eckartde@tk.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
www.ukp.tu-darmstadt.de

Re: US and UK maven central not in sync?

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

More details for the curious about UK version of Maven Central

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
More details for the curious on the UK version of maven central: