Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org> on 2005/12/08 16:45:06 UTC

Geronimo BOF at ApacheCon : Tuesday, Dec 13, 2005 - 8:30pm

We have a BOF slot at ApacheCon 2005.  We have 60 minutes, so I'd
like to see if we can pre-plan what we do and structure it a bit.
Aaron was interested in presenting something, and I'm sure others are
as well.

So maybe we do something like 2-3 10 minute slots for formal
presentations.

I'd really like to try doing "Geronimo Lightning Talks".  It would
work like this :

1) Anyone interested in speaking for 5 (five) minutes on any topic
related to Geronimo, serious or funny, technical or not, will put
their name on a slip of paper into a hat.  I'll bring a hat.

2) We choose names at random from the hat, and when your name is
called, you have 5 minutes to talk, including the time to get to the
front.

3) At the 5 minute mark, you will leave the front or be manhandled
off stage by our documentation goons.

You can do this in pairs.  Humor is appreciated.  Any topic is
welcome, but please have some [tenuous] relationship to Geronimo.

If you aren't used to talking in public, this is a great chance to
try it.  It's only for 5 minutes, it gets people a chance to know you
and what you are doing, and it really is an informal, fun setting...

Thoughts?

geir

geirm@apache.org

Re: Geronimo BOF at ApacheCon : Tuesday, Dec 13, 2005 - 8:30pm

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On 12/8/05, Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu> wrote:

> Just as an FYI, I believe Bruce and/or Jeff are doing a tutorial on
> Geronimo over the weekend, and I'm doing a talk on "J2EE Development
> with Apache Geronimo" on Wedensday morning.  So it would be nice to
> focus the BOF on things other than basic installation and J2EE
> development.
>
> I could do a lightning talk on our experience with Portlets, or the
> Management API, or something like that.
>
> We could also spend some time brainstorming on features for the next
> release, perhaps.

+1 for that... Personally, I think we should spend the entire time
discussing what's next -- target release dates, new functional capabilities,
long-term goals, etc.

--kevan

Aaron

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.