Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Ana Amati <am...@prodex.com.br> on 2014/11/08 19:29:32 UTC

Changing authentication functions

hello guys,

I am wondering if someone could help me on a rather open question :-)

let me explain what I intend:

-- our customer have a legacy, closed authentication system (with C
interface) with three functions that  I MUST use and interface with... :-(

(a) create_user(username, passwd),
(b) change_user_passwd (username, oldpasswd, newpasswd), and
(c) check_user_passwd(username, passwd)

-- our customer has a set of applications and he wants to connect his
applications to LDAP and at the same time continue using his legacy
authentication system, but now in a transparent way.

-- i was given the mission to figure out how it could be done, but I am
pretty much lost :P

Does anyone have a viable idea?

I would also need answer: "Why would ApacheDS be better than OpenLDAP for
this purpose?"

thank you,
Ana

ps. I sent a similar question to the OpenLDAP list...