Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Rafał Gierusz <ra...@jaworzyna.net> on 2006/02/08 18:32:04 UTC

Re[2]: Messages resources problem...

NB> there are many different places where encoding can be set.  what is
NB> the encoding of your *.vm files?  in your velocity.properties are you
NB> setting either the input.encoding, output.encoding, or
NB> default.contentType?  i think struts might have some places to set
NB> encodings as well.

1) my *.vm file are written in UTF-8 and inside is XHTML with content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"
2) my velocity.properties are set to:

input.encoding=UTF-8
output.encoding=UTF-8

3) my resource file is written using UTF-8
4) my locale is "pl", I set encoding for this locale in web.xml to
UTF-8
5) my HttpRequest charset encoding is set to UTF-8

I've tried everything but I can't get correct text from resources at
*.vm page using MessageTool

--
 Rafal

Re: Messages resources problem...

Posted by David Sperling <ve...@hakodateit.com>.
Rafał Gierusz wrote:

>I have filter... configured the same way as in your letter... that is
>why I had written that I have request charset encoding set to UTF-8.
>
>Any others ideas? :-)

What output are you getting exactly?

Try testing with a simple vm page like this:

Add something like this to your application.properties file:
test.polish.sentence=test polish sentence from the default bundle

Then add something like this to your application_po.properties file
test.polish.sentence=test polish sentence from the polish bundle

What output do you get for the above page?

Cheers,

Re: Messages resources problem...

Posted by Magne Skjeret <ma...@broadpark.no>.
Rafał Gierusz skrev:
> I have filter... configured the same way as in your letter... that is
> why I had written that I have request charset encoding set to UTF-8.
>
> Any others ideas? :-)

Hi

You say that your properties file is utf-8 encoded?
I think java only reads properties files in iso-8859-1

If you use characters not in iso-8859-1 you need to unicode escape it.
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/tooldocs/windows/native2ascii.html

I hope that helps
Magne

Re[2]: Messages resources problem...

[...]