Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Santosh Patil <sa...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/22 05:08:38 UTC

hdfs with PHP with/without thrift

Hello All,

I have installed Hadoop on Centos. I have installed it as a 'standalone' at
this point. My intention is to build an interface in php that will allow to
store and access data from hdfs. It should also allow specific access
control mechanisms so that the administer is able to perform certain
operations.
My question is, do I need to use the thrift api if i intend to code using
PHP/python. I just wanted to know if i could access hdfs without thrift.