Posted to mapreduce-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Sandeep Jangra <sa...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/13 17:33:53 UTC

single node cluster - windows

Hi All,

  Looks like windows is not the supported production environment for hadoop.
  Just wanted to check how you all play with new map-reduce sample programs
using a single node.
  Do I need to have a linux environment or is there some linux VM image
available ?

  Please let me know.

-thanks

Re: single node cluster - windows

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@gmail.com>.
On 13 June 2012 16:33, Sandeep Jangra <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>  Looks like windows is not the supported production environment for hadoop.
>  Just wanted to check how you all play with new map-reduce sample programs
> using a single node.

Bring up a MiniMRCluster in a unit test; very fast, x-platform, minimal
setup & teardown costs.

Re: single node cluster - windows

Posted by Sandeep Jangra <sa...@gmail.com>.
thanks!