Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Brian Behlendorf <br...@collab.net> on 1999/10/17 04:35:33 UTC

anoncvs now live on apache.org

I've finally reached an acceptable degree of confidence with anonymous cvs
to have enabled it on apache.org.

To access it,

  cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@apache.org:/home/cvspublic login

password "anoncvs".

Then you can check out the various modules:

  cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@apache.org:/home/cvspublic checkout apache-1.3

The following modules are available:

  apache-1.2
  apache-1.3
  apache-2.0
  apache-apr
  apache-devsite
  apache-nspr
  apache-site

There are other modules for other Apache.org projects there:

  apachecon-site
  asf-site
  embperl
  jakarta-site
  jakarta-tomcat
  jakarta-tools
  jakarta-watchdog
  modjs
  modjs-site
  modperl
  modperl-2.0
  modperl-site

For committers who use pserver, note that user-based pserver access to
apache.org:2401 is no longer open (it shouldn't have been in the first
place, since it sends passwords in the clear). If you are using pserver
over SSH, make *sure* your tunnel points to "localhost" instead of
"apache.org" at the remote end, since the pserver bound to 127.0.0.1:2401
is the one requiring user auth, and the pserver bounce to apache.org:2401
is the only-anonymous one.

Technical details for those who care:  I configured the apache.org pserver
to be launched as user "nobody" from inetd, and uses a different CVSROOT -
/home/cvspublic instead of /home/cvs.  /home/cvspublic contains a CVSROOT
directory that has the appropriate ownerships (since CVS still locks
certain directories even for checkout-only), has a config file saying
"SystemAuth=no", and a simple passwd file.  /home/cvspublic also contains
soft links to all the directories (except CVSROOT) under /home/cvs.

	Brian

Re: anoncvs now live on apache.org

Posted by Pierpaolo Fumagalli <pi...@apache.org>.
Brian Behlendorf wrote:

> I've finally reached an acceptable degree of confidence with anonymous cvs
> to have enabled it on apache.org.

Bingo! Good job, Brian :-)

	Pier
--
Pierpaolo Fumagalli - IBM Center for Java Technologies
<ma...@us.ibm.com>   <ma...@apache.org>