Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Rajesh Mallah <ma...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/31 20:02:43 UTC

feedback on ofbizsetup

Hi ,

In case ofbizsetup is still relevant (of which i am not sure)
I faced  following problem with it while using.

(1)  when creating the first customer customer password is being asked.
        and there is no input field for it.

The end user is shown following messages:

The Following Errors Occurred:
Password is Missing
Password or verify password missing.
As a result first customer cannot be created.

(2) In the same screen State dropdown is not properly populated in address
     section of form.

(3) In category or product setup the UI does not prevents
     or validates the input of certain data which is complained
     about in later screens. The complain was that data was
     too long for varchar(20) . It was rectified in my instance by
     extending the length of erring columns in 3 tables

TABLE: ofbiz.product_category

alter table ofbiz.product_category alter  product_category_type_id type
varchar(100);
alter table ofbiz.product_category alter   primary_parent_category_id
type varchar(100);
alter table ofbiz.product_category alter   product_category_id    type
varchar(100);

TABLE: ofbiz.prod_catalog_category

alter table ofbiz.prod_catalog_category  alter   prod_catalog_id    type
varchar(100);
alter table ofbiz.prod_catalog_category  alter   product_category_id  type
varchar(100);
alter table ofbiz.prod_catalog_category  alter
prod_catalog_category_type_id   type varchar(100);

TABLE: ofbiz.product_category_member
alter table ofbiz.product_category_member   alter   product_category_id
type varchar(100);

regds
mallah.

Re: feedback on ofbizsetup

Posted by Rajesh Mallah <ma...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jacques , shall check soon and file if required.

regds
mallah.

Re: feedback on ofbizsetup

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.