Posted to dev@gora.apache.org by Lewis John Mcgibbney <le...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/20 06:49:58 UTC

Using Gora for federated search

Hi,
I am working on federated search. Funamentallythis consists of
1. Resource selection; Picking the right data sources from which to grab
data for some given query
2. Results merging; for the results obtained, merge them into a single
ranked list.
How can we enable Gora to work with multiple instances of multiple data
stores so that when a Query is executed we satisfy the stage between 1. and
2. as above e.g. the Query is submitted to all defined datastores.
Does anyone have a use case like this?
Thanks
Lewis

--
*Lewis*

Re: Using Gora for federated search

Posted by Scott Stults <ss...@opensourceconnections.com>.
Lewis,

Have you looked at ManifoldCF? It's a framework that connects multiple content repositories with multiple search engines. It doesn't look like there's much overlap between the data sources supported by MCF and Gora, so if we were to contribute a "GoraConnector" there might be lots of interesting use cases that could be covered.

k/r,
Scott