Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Zhibin Mai <zb...@yahoo.com> on 2009/01/24 03:15:33 UTC

Where to download package org.apache.lucene.search.trie

Hi

We try to use package org.apache.lucene.search.trie to support spatial index. Does anyone know whether it is ready, even just for trial, and where to download it?

Thank you,

Zhibin

Re: Where to download package org.apache.lucene.search.trie

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
You're welcome!  Please report back how it goes... TrieRangeQuery/
Filter is a great addition to Lucene.

The next release (2.9) will have it.

Mike

Posted by Zhibin Mai <zb...@yahoo.com>.
Mike,

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
Ahh OK good.  I misunderstood, thinking that existing apps (based on
Lucene 2.4)  would break if they dropped in the trunk JAR.

Requiring the trunk lucene JAR to play with the trunk trie is
completely fine.

I'll open an issue to strengthen our back-compat tests to do "JAR drop-
in" test... my "ant" skills are not great so if someone else feels the
itch that'd be wonderful :)  Else maybe I'll try to figure it out...

Mike

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Hi Mike,

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.
Moving thread to java-dev...

RE: Re: Where to download package org.apache.lucene.search.trie

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Hi,

You can use the artifact from Hudson as Mike told, but the JAR file is not
compatible with Lucene 2.4 (because a new SortField constructor for sorting
against trie encoded fields and the new Superinterface FieldCache.Parser
leading to ClassNotFoundEx). If you want to use TrieRangeQuery/Filter, you
must also update Lucene to the trunk version (so best is to download the
whole snapshot build).

Keep me informed how it works for you! How many documents do you plan to
index using TrieUtils? The performance impact is immense for large indexes
(see my notes).

-----

Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.