Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/29 10:23:13 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Mavibot 1.0.0-M2

Hi !

This is the second release of Apache Mavibot, the MVCC BTree in Java !

This milestone is an improvement on the way we handle data in the BTree,
more specifically when we reach the memory limits. We switch from using
WeakReference to favor a cache, which guarantee way better performances.

We also split the API into two different BTree :
o in-memory btrees
o managed btrees

The Managed BTree use the disk to store the data. We also optimized the
way we manage tree traversal when we have a lot of page being swapped
out of the cache, avoiding a lot of useless deserialization of values
and keys, leading to a net gain in performance.

ApacheDS has already been tested with Mavibot 1.0.-M2-SNAPSHOT, and it
offers pretty good performances compared to JDBM, with a 2.5x faster
addition.

So let's vote now !

The revision :

http://svn.apache.org/r1536610

The SVN tag:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/mavibot/tags/1.0.0-M2/

The source and binary distribution packages:
http://people.apache.org/~elecharny/

The staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedirectory-042/

Please cast your votes:
[ ] +1 Release Mavibot 1.0.0-M2
[ ] 0 abstain
[ ] -1 Do not release Mavibot 1.0.0-M2

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mavibot 1.0.0-M2

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Le 10/29/13 11:56 PM, Stefan Seelmann a écrit :
>> Please cast your votes:
>> [X] +1 Release Mavibot 1.0.0-M2
>> [ ] 0 abstain
>> [ ] -1 Do not release Mavibot 1.0.0-M2
> Just a small note, the index.html of the packaged xref docs are broken,
> I'll have a look into it next weekend.

Ahha... The packge is probably built before we run the mvn site command,
and as a result, we don't have the correct index.html in the package.

We can fix that for the next release.

OTOH, I checked that the generated javadoc and xref is correct after mvn
site. We probably have to fix the distribution module.

Thanks for the report, Stefan.

Posted by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de>.
> Please cast your votes:
> [X] +1 Release Mavibot 1.0.0-M2
> [ ] 0 abstain
> [ ] -1 Do not release Mavibot 1.0.0-M2

Just a small note, the index.html of the packaged xref docs are broken,
I'll have a look into it next weekend.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mavibot 1.0.0-M2

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
[X] +1 Release Mavibot 1.0.0-M2

Successfully built the sources from the tag (tests included).

That said, I'm having a failure on project 'apacheds-mavibot-partition' with the current trunk.
Maybe it's related, maybe not. I have no idea.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

Posted by Kiran Ayyagari <ka...@apache.org>.
tested sources from tag, looking good

[X] +1 Release Mavibot 1.0.0-M2

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Mavibot 1.0.0-M2

Posted by Felix Knecht <fe...@apache.org>.
[X] +1 Release Mavibot 1.0.0-M2

Source builds fine from tag and from dist with JDK 1.6 and 1.7.

Regards
Felix

Result [VOTE] Release Apache Mavibot 1.0.0-M2

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I'm closing the vote for 1.0.0-M2, with 5 +1 :

Felix
Kiran
Pierre-Arnaud
Stefan
and me.

i'm going to release the package now.

Note that it's very likely that another vote will be going on soon, as
I've made some huge modifications since the vote.

Thanks !

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com