Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/07 13:36:06 UTC

vhost for stanbol-vm

Hello infra,
at Stanbol [1] we've requested and obtained an Ubuntu VM [2] to deploy one
of our artifacts (the Enhancer).
Now I've set up that service on port 8080 [3] (via my non-root account) so
we're wondering if it's possible for you to help us setup an Apache vhost
for 80/443 ports.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Tommaso

[1] : http://incubator.apache.org/stanbol
[2] : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-3481
[3] : http://stanbol-vm.apache.org:8080/

Re: vhost for stanbol-vm

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Apr 7, 2011 at 2:40 PM, Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name> wrote:
> Olivier Grisel wrote on Thu, Apr 07, 2011 at 14:26:12 +0200:
>> ogrisel@stanbol-vm:~$ sudo touch /tmp/test
>> [sudo] password for ogrisel:
>>
>> When I type my apache LDAP password here, it does not work.
>>
> Your password might be in ~/.pw on stanbol-vm or people.

Yeah, that's how it was setup - get your password in there and change it.

> But why isn't sudo set up to use OPIE?...

I guess infra doesn't think this is needed on project VMs.

-Bertrand

Re: vhost for stanbol-vm

Posted by Olivier Grisel <ol...@ensta.org>.
2011/4/7 Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>:
> Olivier Grisel wrote on Thu, Apr 07, 2011 at 14:26:12 +0200:
>> 2011/4/7 Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>:
>> > Dropped in editing:
>> >
>> > 'getent group admin' can tell you who has root on the VM.
>>
>> I am indeed admin:
>>
>> ogrisel@stanbol-vm:~$ getent group admin
>> admin:x:111:gmcdonald,pctony,ogrisel,bdelacretaz,enridaga,tommaso
>>
>> But then:
>>
>> ogrisel@stanbol-vm:~$ sudo touch /tmp/test
>> [sudo] password for ogrisel:
>>
>> When I type my apache LDAP password here, it does not work.
>>

> Your password might be in ~/.pw on stanbol-vm or people.

Indeed, thank you very much.

--
Olivier

Re: vhost for stanbol-vm

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.

Re: vhost for stanbol-vm

Posted by Olivier Grisel <ol...@ensta.org>.

Re: vhost for stanbol-vm

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.
Dropped in editing:

'getent group admin' can tell you who has root on the VM.

Daniel
(third typo in as many minutes)

Re: vhost for stanbol-vm

Posted by Daniel Shahaf <d....@daniel.shahaf.name>.

Re: vhost for stanbol-vm

Posted by Olivier Grisel <og...@apache.org>.
2011/4/7 Tommaso Teofili <to...@gmail.com>:
> Hello infra,
> at Stanbol [1] we've requested and obtained an Ubuntu VM [2] to deploy one
> of our artifacts (the Enhancer).
> Now I've set up that service on port 8080 [3] (via my non-root account) so
> we're wondering if it's possible for you to help us setup an Apache vhost
> for 80/443 ports.
> Thanks in advance for your help.
> Tommaso
>
> [1] : http://incubator.apache.org/stanbol
> [2] : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-3481
> [3] : http://stanbol-vm.apache.org:8080/

Actually I could do the Apache virtual host setup with a self signed
certificate if I am added to sudoers without password or I can set a
password for sudo access.

--
Olivier