Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by claire knowles <cl...@digitalbridges.com> on 2004/01/26 14:54:59 UTC

Setting initial values for Integer[] DynaActionForms

I can set initial values for String[] in a dynaActionForm in the
struts-config.xml however when I try to set initial values for Integer[]
I get the following error:

 2004-01-26 13:40:49,224 [ERROR] RequestUtils: Error creating form bean
of class org.apache.struts.validator.DynaValidatorForm
 org.apache.commons.beanutils.ConversionException: Cannot assign value
of type 'java.lang.String' to property 'ids' of type
'[Ljava.lang.Integer;'

Config extract:
<form-bean name="form"
type="org.apache.struts.validator.DynaValidatorForm">
      <form-property name="id" type="java.lang.String"/>
      <form-property name="name" type="java.lang.String"/>
      <form-property name="ids" type="java.lang.Integer[]" initial="0"/>
	<form-property name="countries" type="java.lang.String[]"
initial="UK"/>
</form-bean>

Can someone please tell me where to look to do this or how to change my
struts config.

Thanks

Claire

E-mail is an informal method of communication and may be subject to data corruption, interception and unauthorised amendment for which Digital Bridges Ltd will accept no liability. Therefore, it will normally be inappropriate to rely on information contained on e-mail without obtaining written confirmation.

RE: Setting initial values for Integer[] DynaActionForms

Posted by claire knowles <cl...@digitalbridges.com>.
Sorry I meant to send it to the struts mailing list.

Thanks

Claire

Are you sure you wanted to send your question to the cactus mailing
list? :-) I can't see the link with Cactus...

Thanks
-Vincent

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi Claire,