Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Lucio Crusca <lu...@sulweb.org> on 2007/08/01 10:34:50 UTC

where is org.apache.axis2.clientapi.Call?

Hello *,

I'm new here and I'm trying to develop my 1st WS consumer with Axis2
libraries (the server it's not axis/axis2 but I hope that doesn't make any
difference). I'm following the instructions at
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-webaxis1/
but I can't find the jar file that contains the package
org.apache.axis2.clientapi. I know that tutorial is a bit outdated and I've
found a changelog that says that package has been refactored to
org.apache.axis2.client, but the new package doesn't contain the classes
referenced in the tutorial at ibm.com (MessageSender, Call,
EndpointReference, OMFactory, ...).

The jars I've already tried are all the jars included in the axis2 1.2
binary distribution under the lib directory.

Where can I find those classes? Are there any newer substitutes with other
names? Is there an up-to-date tutorial showing the same techniques?

Thanks in advance,
Lucio.

Re: where is org.apache.axis2.clientapi.Call?

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
Lucio

Unfortunately that article is very out of date!

Please take a look at the 1.2 Quickstart

http://ws.apache.org/axis2/1_2/quickstartguide.html

Paul

On 8/1/07, Lucio Crusca <lu...@sulweb.org> wrote:
> Hello *,
>
> I'm new here and I'm trying to develop my 1st WS consumer with Axis2
> libraries (the server it's not axis/axis2 but I hope that doesn't make any
> difference). I'm following the instructions at
> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-webaxis1/
> but I can't find the jar file that contains the package
> org.apache.axis2.clientapi. I know that tutorial is a bit outdated and I've
> found a changelog that says that package has been refactored to
> org.apache.axis2.client, but the new package doesn't contain the classes
> referenced in the tutorial at ibm.com (MessageSender, Call,
> EndpointReference, OMFactory, ...).
>
> The jars I've already tried are all the jars included in the axis2 1.2
> binary distribution under the lib directory.
>
> Where can I find those classes? Are there any newer substitutes with other
> names? Is there an up-to-date tutorial showing the same techniques?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Lucio.

Paul Fremantle
OASIS WS-RX TC Co-chair

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: where is org.apache.axis2.clientapi.Call?

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Lucio ,
> Hello *,
>
> I'm new here and I'm trying to develop my 1st WS consumer with Axis2
> libraries (the server it's not axis/axis2 but I hope that doesn't make any
> difference). I'm following the instructions at
> http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-webaxis1/
> but I can't find the jar file that contains the package
> org.apache.axis2.clientapi.
It seems to me that article is too outdated and we removed the Call
class more than year ago. I have a written a article on Axis2 client
side [1] , and I hope that will be helpful for you. In the meantime you
can find a number of latest article in [2].

[1] :
http://today.java.net/pub/a/today/2006/12/13/invoking-web-services-using-apache-axis2.html
[2] : http://wso2.org/library

Thanks