Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Antonio Eggberg <an...@yahoo.se> on 2009/04/21 09:46:38 UTC

SOLR-769 clustering

Hello:

I have got the clustering working i.e SOLR-769. I am wondering

- why there is a filed called "body", does it have special purpose?

   <field name="body" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true" multiValued="true"/>

- can my clustering field be a copyField? basically I like to remove the urls and html?

- is there anyway to have minimum number of labels per cluster?

Thanks.
Antonio

Ta semester! - sök efter resor hos Kelkoo.
Jämför pris på flygbiljetter och hotellrum här:
http://www.kelkoo.se/c-169901-resor-biljetter.html?partnerId=96914052

Re: SOLR-769 clustering

Posted by Stanislaw Osinski <st...@gmail.com>.
Hi Antonio,

- is there anyway to have minimum number of labels per cluster?

The current search results clustering algorithms (from Carrot2) by design
generate one label per cluster, so there is no way to force them to create
more. What is the reason you'd like to have more labels per cluster?

I'd leave the other two Solr-related questions to answer by a more competent
person (Grant?).

Cheers,

Staszek

Re: SOLR-769 clustering

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
On Apr 21, 2009, at 3:46 AM, Antonio Eggberg wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I have got the clustering working i.e SOLR-769. I am wondering
>
> - why there is a filed called "body", does it have special purpose?
>
>   <field name="body" type="text" indexed="true" stored="true"
> multiValued="true"/>

That's just used in the test schema and there isn't any need for you
to use it.

> - can my clustering field be a copyField? basically I like to remove
> the urls and html?

As long as it is stored, a copyField should be fine.

> - is there anyway to have minimum number of labels per cluster?

See Stanislaw's answer.

Grant Ingersoll
http://www.lucidimagination.com/

using Solr/Lucene: