Posted to muse-dev@ws.apache.org by Alvaro Orus <al...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/22 12:10:12 UTC

Problem accessing wsdl through web browser

Hello

I am currently testing MUSE 2.0 and i found some problems working with
simple sample.
I have seen that if you deploy the example as it is distributed it works
properly, but one can't access the wsdl through the web browser
(typing  http://localhost:8080/simple/services/muse/SimpleResource?wsdl). I
get the following error: "Unable to generate WSDL for this serviceEither
user has not dropped the wsdl into META-INF or operations use message
receivers other than RPC." I solved this issue by changing the value of
<messageReceiver class="
org.apache.axis2.receivers.RawXMLINOutMessageReceiver"/> to <messageReceiver
class="org.apache.axis2.receivers.PRCMessageReceiver"/> in the Axis2
configuration file (services.xml) so i can access the wsdl of simple
service. The proble is that this configuration produces an internal server
error, it only executes properly with the former configuration.

Is this a problem with Axis 2 or am i missing anything?

Thanks in advance

------
Alvaro

Re: Problem accessing wsdl through web browser

Posted by Daniel Jemiolo <da...@us.ibm.com>.
Hi Alvaro,

In addition to Joel's suggestion, I'd point out that if you want to grab
the WSDL to create a form of dynamic proxy, you should use
WS-MetadataExchange. Using the WS-MEX client is illustrated in the test
client code in the /simple sample project. This is the most robust way to
get the WSDL, since doing a ?wsdl will get you a document with relative
paths that don't resolve because Axis2 services have virtual paths (for
example: if the document returned by /services/SimpleResource?wsdl imports
"custom/MySchema.xsd", a WSDL parser will try to find
/services/SimpleResource/custom/, which does not exist on the file
system).

Dan