Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Struan Donald <st...@365.co.uk> on 2000/11/09 20:04:46 UTC

Filter and directories

hi,

I was wondering why Apache::Filter won't deal with directories. I
assume it's as it makes little sense trying to do things do directory
listings but it does result in odd things if I have a handler that is
e.g /poll and i want to chain that through something (such as SSI).

Now i can just comemnt out the relevant lines in the module and rely
on the fact that I'll only use Filter with handlers or files but that
seems rash without fully understanding the reasoning behind the
restrictio in the first place.

thanks

struan
--