Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Carl Marcum <cm...@apache.org> on 2021/11/12 00:51:50 UTC

gcc version problems on CentOS 7 using SDK tools from trunk daily built on Ubuntu buildbot

Hi All,

When I installed the 4.5.0 latest daily build for linux64 (September
13th BTW separate thread about buildbots) on a CentOS 7 VM for running
tests and I'm getting an error when compiling the standalone test suite.

The error happens when building the smoketestdoc TestExtension:
/opt/openoffice4/sdk/bin/idlc: /lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version
`GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by /opt/openoffice4/sdk/bin/idlc)

I remember getting a similar error when trying to run a "installed"
build from Arrigo on this VM.

This ant build uses the idlc from the installed AOO SDK.
It seems I require a libstdc++.so.6 with version GLIBCXX_3.4.21 maybe?

when I check this on CentOS 7
$ strings /lib64/libstdc++.so.6 | grep GLIBCXX

it only goes up to 3.4.19.

My CentOS 7 VM is using libstdc++.x86_64 4.8.5-44.el7

which is where I think this comes from.

On my Ubuntu 18.04 VM there are no issues as:

$ strings /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6 | grep GLIBCXX
list versions up to GLIBCXX_3.4.25.

Besides the test suite (when using the standalone-tests branch), other
programs that build extensions like the Netbeans plugin for AOO and some
of my other extension template projects use SDK tools like idlc,
regmerge, and javamaker from the installed AOO that may be affected by
the library versions used to build the SDK on newer platforms.

This is more of an FYI right now until I can do more testing.

Best regards,
Carl