Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Reynir Hubener <re...@hugsmidjan.is> on 2001/09/19 13:48:42 UTC

RE: Tomcat & OSX

maybe you´re missing servlets.jar in tomcat´s classapth... ?
just wondering, nerver done anything with macs.

-r

Posted by "Frederick N. Brier" <fb...@multideck.com>.
First, you talking about Dan Mandell's Struts CTLX?  Second, I am not using
Tomcat 4.  I'm still using Tomcat 3.2.3.  I have gotten it working
though.  I had one issue because my http server was not running on the same
machine as Ultradev.  So I had to change "Macromedia\Macromedia Ultradev
4\Configuration\Commands\customTags\useTagLibs.js" (line 84) to reflect the
name of my server instead of localhost.  I created a TLDParser.war file
with a tlds subdirectory directory with the Struts .tld files in it.  If
you'd like, I could send you the .war.  I also put the .tld files in my
application .war file in the WEB-INF directory.  I am also using JBoss and
am so using the hot deploy feature.  There are some other interesting
issues that come up.  Hope this helps.

Fred.

CTLX

CTLX

Re: Tomcat & OSX

Posted by jason lane <ja...@jannuzzismith.com>.
I used StuffIt Expander as well, works well. Now that's interesting that
that you say it could be truncating names, will look into that. I've
been busy on other stuff today (stuff there paying me for, not
this...heheh) so I haven't really made much headway, I shall continue
tomorrow and I shall keep you informed.

Must go home now, the office is wont keep me any longer.

Thanks.

Re: Tomcat & OSX

Posted by Rick Mann <rm...@latencyzero.com>.

Re: Tomcat & OSX

Posted by jason lane <ja...@jannuzzismith.com>.
Ok thanks, I'll give that a try. I logged onto the Manager and I see
that WebDAV & the manager are running but examples are not. Anyway
thanks, I'll let you know the result.

J.