Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Ext_Krueger, Philipp" <Ph...@sungard.de> on 2006/08/28 15:57:03 UTC

[users@httpd] Mod_authnz_ldap with apache 2.2.0 (suse 10.1)

Hello!

I hope somebody can help me, last week I've set up an apache 2.0.x on
windows and installed the mod_auth_ldap from
http://www.muquit.com/muquit/software/mod_auth_ldap/mod_auth_ldap_cache.
html and I've managed to get it to work. Now I want to install it on a
Linux machine but it's not so simple...
I'm using Suse Linux 10.1 which features the Apache 2.2.0. That Apache
version however includes its own ldap implementation - mod_authnz_ldap.
For the life of me, I can't get it to do what I want. Following the
modules I loaded and the options I set regarding LDAP:
###################
APACHE_MODULES="authz_host actions alias auth_basic authz_groupfile
authn_file authz_user autoindex cgi dir include log_config mime
negotiation setenvif status userdir asis imagemap authnz_ldap php5
authz_default info authn_alias ldap ldap_module"

<Directory "/srv/www/htdocs/admin">
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
order allow,deny
allow from all
AuthName "All valid users"
AuthType Basic
AuthBasicProvider ldap
AuthLDAPURL "ldap://149.232.181.192:389/dc=banking,dc=net?sAMAccountName
AuthLDAPBindDN "CN=Ext_Krueger\, Philipp,OU=Frankfurt,DC=banking,DC=net"
AuthLDAPBindPassword "test1,"
require valid-user
</Directory>
###################
On Windows, I use following config which works:
###################
LoadModule auth_ldap_module modules/mod_auth_ldap.dll

<Directory "C:\Programme\Apache2\htdocs\admin">
Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
order allow,deny
allow from all
AuthAuthoritative On
AuthName "Inhouse only"
AuthType Basic
Bind_Tries 5
LDAP_Debug On
LDAP_Protocol_Version 3
LDAP_Server 149.232.181.192
LDAP_Port 389
Base_DN "DC=BANKING,DC=NET"
Bind_DN "CN=Ext_Krueger\, Philipp,OU=Frankfurt,DC=banking,DC=net"
Bind_Pass "test1,"
UID_Attr sn
require memberOf "CN=Technical_Support,OU=Frankfurt,DC=banking,DC=net"
</Directory>
###################
The strange thing about the linux server is that it puts nothing in the
error_log when I enter correct id and pass but says

auth_ldap authenticate: user 9u23fh9h2f authentication failed; URI
/admin/ [User not found][No such object]
[Mon Aug 28 15:23:22 2006] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] user 9u23fh9h2f
not found: /admin/

When I enter the nonexisting user 9u23fh9h2f. I've been searching for 3
days now and I'm at my wit's end - does anybody have a clue what I'm
doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,

Phil