Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Peter Romianowski <an...@gmx.de> on 2001/11/07 19:06:28 UTC

hoping for 2.x -> weird problem with 1.2

Hi there,

first I have to say that I really appreciate your hard work and love the
james-thing. On the other hand I have a business to run, and I experience
problems with james which I cannot accept that much longer. Perhaps someone
knows a solution (I think this topic has been here before, but I could not
find anything about that...).
>From time to time there seem to be some mails "hanging" - I mean they are
stored within the "outgoing"-folder for hours and hours. Then they disappear
and everything's fine again. Sometimes a james-restart helps clearing this
queue. Mails to personal accounts (local and remote ones like hotmail)
always work - at least if I write them... But other mails (including to
hotmail-accounts) are not delivered for a period of time. I cannot find any
pattern or test-case reproducing this.

I would love to switch to 2.x but "the list" told me before I shouldn't
unless at least the alpha-release is ready. But I have to find a solution...
The last thing I want to do is to switch to another mailserver, because I've
written some mailets and everything works so fine for me. But I'll have to,
because my boss will not tolerate this that longer... :-(

Any idea? Or a release-date for 2.x?

thanks,
pero

Newsletter service with James

Posted by Marco Fabbri <mf...@libero.it>.
Hi all,
I'm new on James and I like to know if this is the right way to create a
Newsletter service.
In particular we need to send a mail with a newsletter to our registered
users.
The users are stored on DB2 and I need to create an interface to select the
criteria to choose which users have to receive the newsletter.

Where can I find documentation about this?

Thanks a lot in advance

Marco Fabbri

RE: hoping for 2.x -> weird problem with 1.2

Posted by Peter Romianowski <an...@gmx.de>.
Hi,

since I cannot find any 2.0a2 release anywhere, I think I have to build it
myself. Shall I use the latest nightly or fresh from the cvs? I remember
Serge saying he had some problems with the avalon-stuff, so I would
appreciate an "official" alpha release. Could someone (Serge?) come up with
a todo-list and perhaps a timeframe? Maybe I could help you out a bit...

cheers,
pero

Posted by Stephan Schiessling <s...@rapi.com>.

Posted by Stephan Schiessling <s...@rapi.com>.