Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by ManjuBN <bn...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/05 08:44:49 UTC

To access Client Server application using JMETER

I am trying to performance test a Client Server application  using JMETER,
the protocol used is TCP/IP,I am able to send the TCP request to server by
specifying the server name and port number and later specifying the user
name and password,if I want to access other screens of the application how
can I achieve the same ,

RE: To access Client Server application using JMETER

Posted by Ragini Thakur <ra...@cybage.com>.
You can use record and play feature to record the steps you perform for
the application. You have to use HTTP proxy server the records the
steps.

If the protocol is HTTPS you can use badboy to records the steps. Please
read about it in JMeter manual.

Thanks.

Regards,
Ragini Thakur

I am trying to performance test a Client Server application  using
JMETER,
the protocol used is TCP/IP,I am able to send the TCP request to server
by
specifying the server name and port number and later specifying the user
name and password,if I want to access other screens of the application
how
can I achieve the same ,

"Legal Disclaimer: This electronic message and all contents contain information from Cybage Software Private Limited which may be privileged, confidential, or otherwise protected from disclosure. The information is intended to be for the addressee(s) only. If you are not an addressee, any disclosure, copy, distribution, or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error please notify the sender by reply e-mail to and destroy the original message and all copies. Cybage has taken every reasonable precaution to minimize the risk of malicious content in the mail, but is not liable for any damage you may sustain as a result of any malicious content in this e-mail. You should carry out your own malicious content checks before opening the e-mail or attachment."
www.cybage.com

RE: To access Client Server application using JMETER

Posted by Andrey Pohilko <ap...@fininfor.ru>.
You should emulate TCP traffic. My preferred way is using Wireshark
(http://www.wireshark.org/) to capture the traffic, then emulate it with TCP
Sampler + BinaryTCPClientImpl

С уважением,
Андрей Похилько