Posted to torque-dev@db.apache.org by Thomas Fox <th...@seitenbau.com> on 2020/09/01 14:45:52 UTC

Announcing my retirement after the 5.0 release

Dear Torque developers,

after all the years, I've noticed that I do not have the drive, energy and time to participate any more in the Torque development. Thus, after the 5.0 release is out (in case my vote is needed, though that is not critical anymore (thanks Thomas V!)), I'll make my retirement official and retire as Torque developer (and in consequence from the DB PMC and as Apache member).

I have enjoyed the years here, and I still like the approach of code generation for database code. Sadly,I've not been able to use Torque anymore at work for more than 5 years now. I thank everybody here (especially Thomas V) to be able to work with them, and hope everything goes on well here.

   Thomas

[VOTE][RESULT] RC Torque 5.0 based on staged repository

Posted by Georg Kallidis <ge...@cedis.fu-berlin.de>.
Hi Torque devs,

I am closing now voting. That is, I count the following votes:

+1 - Georg Kallidis
+1 - Thomas Vandahl
+1 - Jeffery Painter
+1 - Thomas Fox

for the staged repository:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetorque-1002/org/apache/torque/

That's four binding approval votes. Thanks to all the voters!

Comment: Two voters (Jeffery P, Georg K) were invited to join the PMC
after voting started and accepted before voting was finished. As a result
they are counted as binding votes. One opposing vote (Jeffery P) was
reverted by the voter after considering the reasons behind.

As a result, the release candidate is now ready to be released on nexus,
the bundled
artifacts, checksums (+sha512) to be put into the distribution pipeline
and last but not least the site could be updated!

Best regards,

Georg Kallidis

Re: Announcing my retirement after the 5.0 release

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.
Hi Thomas,

On 01.09.20 16:45, Thomas Fox wrote:
> I have enjoyed the years here, and I still like the approach of code generation for database code. Sadly,I've not been able to use Torque anymore at work for more than 5 years now. I thank everybody here (especially Thomas V) to be able to work with them, and hope everything goes on well here.

Thank you for all your contributions over the years. Always been a
pleasure working with you - as a committer and a friend. I would like to
wish you all the best for your future endeavors. Should you reconsider,
you will always have a place among us. Promised.

Bye, Thomas